Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Travel Journal Card (posted by Judith)

Hi folks, I'm back again, with another sample using the great new Artistic Expressions stamp plate recently released over at Chocolate Baroque and some new Crafty Individuals stamps.

This time I was aiming for a much more masculine feel to my project. Glenda has some great Crafter's Workshop stencils over on thewebsite, and I decided to use one of these to help create my background. I sponged Versamark through the stencil, and then used clear embossing powder, to create the design. I have added the large cogs and clock stamp from 'Punky Romance', masking off the flowers before I inked up the stamp.

I created a little book by stamping and embossing the crackle stamp from 'Echoes of Italy' in gold onto black card. I added a book plate with a computer generated title, and the great Crafty Individuals balloon image on the top. I stamped some Crafty Individuals tickets onto Kraft card, which I crumpled slightly, then stuck down the edge of the book, as if they were spilling out.

The sentiment that I used is a great one for scrapbooking, and I felt that it went really well with this project.


The other Design Team members have been really busy too, creating some great projects, keep popping back to see what they have been up to. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. A great male card, and I think the sentiment works just a well on a card as it would in a scrapbook.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A terrific card. The stencilled background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this very much Judith and the new stencils are great to use on so many things. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant idea of masking off the flowers to just get the imprint of the cogs......it's so effective with that little book & I just love that sentiment. I love the way you've created the background with the mixture of cogs over the stencilling too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Judith and I love how you have used the stencil, I have just got a couple of them from Glenda today along with the new step sheet. I can't wait to have a play

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Judith
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judith, love how you have used the stencil, the textured look must look really good in RL. This is another super designed and worked piece of art. Hope all is well with you. ikki x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!