Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Butterflies & Blooms (posted by Shirley)

Hello everyone !

I'm back with another creation using the beautiful new Steampunk Butterfly set.  I've had so much fun 'playing' with these designs and I'm a "Steampunk Newbie" !   This time I've used the Gear Fragment and the small Butterfly from the set together with Dylusions Inks.  It's exciting that Glenda now has these vibrant spray inks available for sale ! 


I created the background using Dylusions Inks (London Blue and Fresh Lime).  I sprayed with the inks, spritzed with water and blot with a paper towel roll.     I over stamped with the Gear Fragment using navy ink.

I embossed a small flower from the Bold Blooms set along with the small Butterfly from the Steampunk Butterfly set with brown.   I sprayed them with same Dylusions to colour.   I still had some cogs in my stash that I added to the flower centres and around the background.   I used micro beads for the bodies of the butterflies.


I'm very inspired by the gorgeous creations from my new team mates and there are more to come !

Have a great day,
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Stunning x I'm loving the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab combinaton of colours, great stamping. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Shirley, I love the bright bold colours you've used, and the little cogs are a perfect finish to this card.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of navy & brown with the bright aquas & greens is just stunning & I love how you have used the
    flower from Bold Blooms too. The micro beads really are effective in giving those butterfly bodies dimension & texture. A joy to behold this & very exciting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love the way you mix colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Shirley! The colors are out-of-this-world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!