Pin It button on image hover

Friday 5 July 2013

Fancy Flowers by Miranda

Hello there,

Today I want to share my version of one of the Fancy Flowers and a corner element of the Poppy meadow. I fell in love with these designs the moment I lay my eyes on them! Aren't they gorgeous?
It challenged me to do a bit of extended drawing.......so come and look and be inspired........ This time I've been colouring with my Copics which are very neglected by me. I extended the flower with some lines and a put them into the corner. I was inspired by several Art Deco designs. I have made more of these designs, soon there will be more and in the mean time enjoy looking at all the gorgeous artwork our DT has been creating!
and here the 2nd one........ this time stamped with white ink on kraft paper and coloured with Derwent Soft Colour pencils. If you look at the sheet of these stamps you can see I've extended the flower and repeated the shape of the leaf. It's fun doing that!

Thanks for your visit and till next time,

Creative greet,

Miranda

8 comments:

  1. Hello Miranda
    I love the leaf on the second one, and the colours really add dimension
    Its one technique I would love to copy!
    The background is so well matched too!
    love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards. You are so talented Miranda, I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Miranda. Stunning! Thanks for sharing.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you have added to both of these stamped images is terrific. Difficult to choose a favourite of these - both are so effective in their different ways. Your use of the ribbon in the second one is absolutely perfect & I love the touch of aqua in the first against the white & black.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing cards Miranda I particularly like the first one the addition of the aqua works really well and how you've stamped in the corner as well looks great. The extension you have made to the stamp and added the leaf in the second one is so clever, I wish I could create like this

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! The stamps are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, and what did you use beautifull colours, I love them both very much!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Miranda! You've done an awesome job on both of these beauties! Your Copic coloring is just perfect, and the flowers are very striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!