Pin It button on image hover

Monday 28 October 2013

Blue Christmas (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend.

I have two 'Blue' Christmas cards today featuring new stamps along with an older favourite:).   I used the new Reindeer Landscape set for the card below.


I used a favourite Dylusion ink combo (Calypso Teal, After Midnight & White Linen) on the background.  I stamped the trees from Reindeer Landscape with Deep Purple Archival Ink and added lots of glitter.    Believe also from Reindeer Landscape, was stamped with black Versafine Ink.   I used Memory Boxes Dies - Deer Trio & Snowflake Corner (they cut like a charm!) with black cardstock.    The Deer Trio is great as the bottom doesn't cut so you can cut to whatever shape you need for your design.    I added lots of glitter to the trees and snowflakes.



I used the new Fancy Flourishes clear set along with Christmas Flourish  and Bold Christmas Words for the card below.


The above background was created with the same three Dylusion Ink Sprays.    I spritzed a little water to blend, blotted with a paper towel roll and added a little sea salt before it was dry to create 'stars' in the ink.  When dry, I used TCW stencil - Star Fall with Picked Raspberry & Peacock Feathers Distress Inks and white Acrylic Paint.

I stamped the Flourish from the new Fancy Flourishes set with Salty Ocean Distress Ink around the border of the background.    The sentiment from Bold Christmas Words and the Christmas Tree from Christmas Flourish were stamped with Black ink.   I added stickles to the tree. 

Thanks for your visit and have a great day!
Shirley

7 comments:

  1. Woow Shirley, your card is so gorgious , I really love it, it's really my thing , the colours and the image , wonderful!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say GORGEOUS sums it up. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, love them both

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS cards! The reindeer look great silhouetted against that beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards I love them both
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards! Thanks for explaining how you did the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eye was really caught by your final one & how it creates the sense of a blustery snowstorm. The scene created with the deer is especially striking with your use of the black against the vibrant background colours.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!