Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 12 October 2013

Let it Snow by Clare

There's a little chill in the air at night, so I know that winter is right around the corner!  I wish it would snow!  I know you probably think, "She's nuts", but I can't help it!  haha

This card really makes me think of a snowy day in Colorado where I was born and raised.  We'd have some storms that would be blizzard-like, but my favorite is the heavy huge flakes that stick to everything, and are perfect for making a snowman!  The second photo shows the dimension of the snowflake flowers.  I layered some snowflake vellum over the blue cardstock, and stamped the snowflake edge from the new set, "Winter Edges" in glue, then added a lot of sparkly glitter.  The sentiment is from the set, "Bold Christmas Words".  I used a snowflake embossing folder, spread clue across the tops of the raised images from a glue pad, and added more sparkle.  I die cut snowflakes from white cardstock, shaped them with a stylus on a pad, tinted the edges of one with blue, and layered with dimensional dots.  The last touch was the blue rhinestones.  Very easy to make!







































In this photo you can really see the sparkle, and the
dimension of the flowers.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!