Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 24 August 2014

Partridges, Turtle Doves, Pears and an Elegant Tree (by Shirley)

Hello everyone,  I hope you are doing well.

I had great fun last month creating Christmas cards and have two designs to show you today that feature stamps from the new Turtle Doves set.


The background above was created with Raspberry & Persimmon Distress Inks using the acrylic block technique.   I stamped a flourish from Fancy Flourishes with Raspberry DI.

The pear tree branches & turtle doves from Turtle Doves and pear from Pears and Baubles were stamped with Imperial Purple Versafine ink.   I coloured the background branches with Prisma pencils.  The pear and birds were coloured with distress inks (using a mat, water & brush), decoupaged and popped up over the background.  I also added glitter paint to the larger birds and outlined with a white Gelly Roll pen.   Merry Christmas is from Warm Christmas Greetings.

And the card below is in a clean style:


I embossed a tree from the Turtle Doves set with gold and embellished with lots of little half pearls.  I added gold embossing to the edge of the background.  The die is from Spellbinder - Elegant Labels 4.



This will be my last post here for a couple of months as my husband and I are moving into a new home.   We found it was time for us to downsize (or 'rightsize').   We had a lot of work with purging and digging to move garden plants.   It's been a very busy time for us and I am very appreciative and thank Glenda & Lesley for allowing me a break while we get settled.   I can't wait to be back again working with Chocolate Baroque's gorgeous stamps again this Fall.

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirley

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Shirley. Love how you have used the stamps on the first card and the colors are delicious. The purple are gold on the second look so elegant. tfs.
    Hugs, Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Shirley, I especially like the luxurious look of the purple and gold tree card.
    I hope your move goes well
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour of the first card and the richness of the second

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not in the mood yet; hoping to have some more sunny days to work in the garden... But your cards are great! Original colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall miss your beautiful cards Shirley. These two are, as always stunning! I love the lovely red Christmas card such a perfect Christmas card and the purple and gold are stunning too! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Shirley, great designs and fabulous colour combinations.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards, good luck with your moving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Shirley. The first is so vibrant with that pretty stamped background, and I love the decoupaged pear and turtle doves and you can see the pretty sheen of the paint you have used. The second has that gorgeous embossed tree with the lovely gems which stands out beautifully inside the ornate S/B frame with the pretty bow, and I adore the purple and gold together. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! And good luck with the move :)
    Debbie / Daqa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope things are working out for you Shirley - moving is rather stressful & very full of uncertainty. I like the unusual combination of colours for Christmas in your first sample & that pear looks ever so juicy in that colour. The Fancy Flourishes match very well indeed. The regal look of your second card is arresting & I particularly like your lovely ribbon bow adding real weight & decadence to the design.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!