Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 21 September 2014

Sleigh Bells and Snow Balls (by Asha)

Good morning, fellow Chocoholics. I have more Christmas projects to show you - all made with the new stamps.

First up is the gift laden sleigh from the Santa Baby A5 sheet, set against the magical Northern Lights. I used various shades of Distress Inks to create the sky and added little silver dots for the stars. I coloured the presents with alcohol markers and sprinkled some shimmery fibres for the snow on the ground . The greeting is from the Christmas Magic clear stamp set. Details on the products used to create this card is available on my blog

My second project is a set of tags. I have to admit to not being a great fan of tags. But there's something about the images from these new stamp sets than inspired me to make these. The trio of bells is from the Holly Bells A5 sheet and the tree is from the Santa Baby sheet. I heat embossed the bells in gold onto some red cardstock, fussy cut and adhered to the tag base with foam tape.  The tree is just stamped directly onto the tag and dotted some red Liquid Pearls for the baubles. I blended Distress Inks to create the background on both tags.



And finally, here's an icy number I recently posted on my blog. For this easel card I used the Snowy Penguins clear stamp set. Super simple to make and has all the glitter and shimmer of a perfect Christmas. Details on how I made this card can be seen here.



Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed looking at these projects as much as I enjoyed making them. There are so many ways to works these gorgeous new Christmas stamps. Please drop in regularly to see more inspirational work from the rest of the Design Team.

Beijinhos,
Asha


10 comments:

  1. love the northern lights sky, it's fab! really will have to give in and get those penguins.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colouring on your three designs Asha. The Northern Lights effect works really well on your first card and I love the soft glowing sparkly snow effect you have achieved from a mix of great ink choices and sparkly embossing (I think?)/ The tags are smashing, I especially like the Christmas tree and again your colouring of the baubles and the lighter glow around the tree work really well. The last card works so nicely as an easel format. The colouring is again smashing and the embossed snowflakes and the ink shading done to leave an aura around the main images works so well. The stitching is a great detail. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning projects Asha. So many ideas and inspiration. Love the Northern Lights idea on your first card. tfs.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the northern lights on your first project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Northern Lights sky. I saw them earlier this year in Iceland and this is a happy reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful backgrounds on all 3! Love the cold-feeling of the third!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very cute :) I really love the Northern Lights one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, ladies, for your lovely comments. Wait till you see what the rest of the DT gals have in store for you!
    xxx, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Northern Lights background is really effective & the sleigh looks super with the red & green colouring plus the blue of the sentiment & pennant. The tags are lovely with your stitching giving super detail & especially echoing the tinsel on the tree design. The vibrant blue of your snowman's clothing is a lovely touch & again I like the way your sentiment is stamped in a colour to echo.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!