Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 9 November 2014

Yummy Home cooking (by Maria)

Today I have some samples that I made with the Mellow Fruitfulness stamp set and I hope you like them!



Here I made my background with dylusion ink and a stencil.  I took a wet baby wipe and some bleach,  which I applied to my stamp and stamped it two times on my background, this gives the beautiful white print on my background. Please don't forget to clean your stamp immediately, because bleach is not so healthy for the rubber! Then I stamped my images with black archival ink in the middle of my card, and with some alcohol markers I painted the artichoke in natural colours.




On my second card, the background is made with one of the stamps of the Decorative edges Unmounted Rubber stamp sheet.




I have made these two cards with some dies, and Distress Ink.  I have just used Autumn coloured  Distress Ink. I stamped my fruit stamp with black archival ink onto smooth  paper, coloured  the image with Distress Ink and then cut it out. If you leave the die in place and colour the whole background in the colours of your choice, once you have finished you will have a tiny white border all around your coloured image. On the third card I've used those different sizes of dies, in the middle you can see some transparent paper. I hope I have inspired you a little bit! Have a lot of fun with these gorgeous stamps and enjoy.

Greetings
Maria

12 comments:

  1. I like the white surround of the fruit in the last card. It compliments the white surround left by keeping the die on

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always inspire Maria. Stunning project. They are all so different and unique.
    Hugs, Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the range of colours on these cards. The last one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een mooie verschillende kaarten! Een genot weer om hier te kijken! Fijn weekend verder, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning - all of them - but I too think the last one is my favourite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, love them
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, beautiful! Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would need a step by step video . BeUtiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your use of the checked ribbon in the same colours as your colouring of the second two projects is brilliant. My favourite has to be your final sample for the white on white background provides a super foil for the focal image. The interest created by your die cut layers combined with transparent paper is fascinating to see.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Maria. I love the contrasting white embossed artichokes with the lovely colouring on the first card. Great stencilled background too. The final card is super too, your ink shading around the fruit image is lovely and the white border really gives great definition. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely set of colours again, and great colouring. Especually love the first card of the artichokes!
    Debbie / Daqa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!