Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 21 December 2014

Sea creatures on Kraft paper! (posted by Maria)



Hello stamping lovers,

Between shopping, making cards and parcels, I have managed to make some more samples with my favourite Steampunk Sea World and Steampunk Funk Fish stamp sets.





I made the card, on kraft paper, or better on the reverse of a piece of scrapbook paper, it is the same as kraft paper but I liked the colour better. I stamped my sea creatures and the lamps and bubbles from the Punky flowers stamp sheet with Versafine ink, waited till the ink was dry and then used pencils with a lot of pigments to colour these images. I took a white gelly pen for the white accents. Afterwards I took my Wink of Stella golden glitter marker and coloured all over the pencil colours to give everything a golden shine. I took a stamp from the Texture fragments stamp set, and with Versamark and white embossing powder, I created the bubbles background at the borders.
With some embossing enamel powder- shabby white I made the white accents in the background.
For my second project, I made a milk carton that I had seen on other blogs which I thought was such a beautiful package, that I looked at You-tube and found how to make it. I first coloured the card stock as before and then made this package, wouldn't it make a gorgeous present?

I really hope you enjoyed your weekend, and hope you still have the time to make some cards and boxes as Christmas presents, have a lot of fun, and a joyful, happy Christmas to all of you!

Greetings
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Love the effect of these stamps on the Kraft paper
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your matting of the panel is so effective & really shows off your use of white. I like the idea of the differently coloured bubble fragments too - it makes me think of frogspawn & adds lovely texture to the whole. The milk carton is a super idea too & I love the way you coloured the shrimp. The pencils are very effective on the kraft substrate.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images look good on kraft paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love these ! Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be a mermaid at the bottom of the sea alongside this wonderful collection!

    Festive greetings....

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super how the white lets the colourfull fishes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kraft card makes a wonderful background and I love the white embossing which gives a shabby chic look. The milk carton is a cleaner finish and everything pops with that blue outline. So unusual and really lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!