Pin It button on image hover

Friday 12 December 2014

Steampunk fish and lots of fragments..........by Miranda




Hi there,

It's my turn today to show some creations made with those cool steampunk fishy stamps! I like them and they are great to match with all of the fragments too.......I've been playing with the Steampunk Funk fish and the Steampunk Sea world and combined them with the Tangled and Harlequin fragments on the first card. The backgrounds were made using Derwent art bars with the acrylic bloc technique, water and aquarel paper. I also used a lot Wink of Stella brush markers (silver and clear ) to add that lovely sparkle. The words are from the Words of Wisdom and I've cut it in 3 pieces.






On the second card I've been using the Nature elements sheet too. As you know by now I love all the fragment sheets, they are so versatile and can be used very often with many occasions. I've created a sea world with beautiful malachite rocks.......one must have a bit of imagination mmm?





I've coloured the fish with twinkling H2O's and Maya Gold silver paint(Viva decor) which has a very rich sparkle! Just gave these two shrimps some other color to get a bit of contrast. The words are from the Words of Inspiration sheet. Both cards are coloured with my old Karisma pencils. They have  a similar quality as Prisma color pencils and Derwent soft color.

Hope to have inspired you with the combination of all these stamps,
thanks for your visit and comments and till next time!


11 comments:

  1. Wow, Miranda , I really love this wonderful underwater scenery a lot!! Great combinations of stamps and colours!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of these fishy scenes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the malachite rocks!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschöne Szenen in der Unterwasserwelt

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, just stunning. You must have a lot of patience to do all that colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used those backgrounds. They really work, and who would have thought that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zo mooi weer Miranda! Geloof dat ik het effect met de twinkle H2o's het mooist vind; toch maar weer eens te voorschijn halen... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combination of colours Miranda and that silver is gorgeous, and it is delightful the way you have coloured in the fragments with variations of the same colour palette. Just beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fragments stamps are fascinating aren't they? And oh so versatile - I can see why you love using them. The second card has to be my favourite here - the combination of the soft pencil colouring for the Malachites & the shiny H20 colouring for the metallic fish makes the whole very striking & I'd imagine you had a lot of fun whilst colouring them. Interesting to see the different generations of stamping used in the first one & how effective the impact of each. I do love those jellyfish with your soft pink colouring.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!