Pin It button on image hover

Monday 9 February 2015

Just my kind of stamps ( by Maria)

Hello everybody.
Yes they really are, just "my kind of stamps", I just love them, and I really couldn't wait to play with them, but I had to have some patience!  Here are my samples, I hope you like them and please try these stamps from the Sketchy Doodle Flower set, which are great for all kinds of occasions.






As you can see these stamps are useful to make larger or smaller cards,  I really enjoyed these projects. I really want the second set Sketchy Doodle Landscape, they are so pretty too!

Now, how did I make them? I made my Dylusions background, with the salt technique, (this is my favourite technique).  I stamped my twigs with Versafine Onyx Black on my background, then I stamped my flowers again on a piece of paper coloured with Dylusions sprays, and cut the flowers out. I placed  them on the background with some 3D foam. The small roses are the centre of the bigger flower as you can see, please take only a small piece of your coloured paper, put your stamp with Versafine ink upside down on the table and press your coloured paper on the rose, so that you don't lose too much coloured paper. With some bleach I took away the colours of the flowers where I wanted them to be white, and after everything was dried with my heat tool I coloured those spaces in with my white gelly pen, to be even more white. I gave the flowers a coloured heart with a colourful brad, and than placed it on the card. I really hope you love my samples and please try them for yourselves. These stamps are just fantastic, enjoy!

Greetings,
Maria

10 comments:

  1. Lovely vibrant cards Maria
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. This stamp set is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of cards....both large & small, such possibilities :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bold matting with black & white superbly complements the bright nature of your flowers & background. Your bleached & 'whitened' areas on the flowers is lovely & effective plus your trick of making the little roses imaginative use of the stamps making them even more versatile. The large bold brads for the flower centres works very well indeed.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I must try the salt technique again. You really showed how versatile these stamps are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous Maria and matted on to black makes them really stand out. A great idea to use just the centre of the flowers to make smaller roses and the brads in the centres are really pretty too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je kan wel zien dat het echt stempels voor jou zijn; wat een hoop mooie heldere kleuren! Elke kaart weer een feestje! De zwarte rand/mat laat ze nog meer naar voren komen! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!