Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 20 August 2015

Glittering Trees (by Zoe)

Well here is my second post and I'm loving working with these Christmas stamps and today I'm showing you some samples using the Sparkling Trees set.


For my first design today I've created a simple tag using Distress stains in Christmas colours. I used the "wrinkle free distressing" technique, where you put ink onto your craft mat, spritz with water and swoosh the tag through the colours, drying between layers. I then inked around the edges and lightly over the tag using a Black Soot Distress inkpad. I flicked some water over and blotted with a paper towel and dried. The tree  was stamped with Onyx Black ink and I finished off by adding glass glitter to create the tree baubles.


For the second card I used a stencil to create the SnowGlobe with Distress inks, Hickory Smoke and Cracked Pistachio, then leaving the stencil in place I used another stencil to lightly add texture. Next I stamped the Snowflakes using Versamark ink and heat embossed using a sparkle embossing powder. The trees were stamped with a black ink and heat embossed using silver embossing powder. Finally I added some chunky irridescent glitter flakes.

Thank you for all the lovely comments I have received, you have made me feel very welcome. I look forward to sharing more designs with you soon and please keep calling back to see what else the rest of the team have created for you.


Zoe



10 comments:

  1. A snow globe!! how clever is that. Wonderful idea. Beautiful projects Zoe.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards both Zoe! I love the trees in the snowglobe and the background colour is so pretty. Nice touches of sparkle too! Gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both lovely cards but the colours on the first one just 'zing' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colors on your first card ..beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous males Zoe and the colours on your tag are fabulous, love the snow globe and the soft muted colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag ! I love the colours. And funny this snowglobe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so pretty Zoe - I adore the snow globe xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two pretty creations Zoe and the tag is such beautiful colours and that gorgeous tree has to be my favourite image of these stamp sets, The snow globe stencil works well too with the group of trees inside and the lovely texture stamping finishes it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the looks of the trees this way! Another way to let the trees sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!