Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 2 January 2016

Brick wall (posted by Claire)

Good morning and Happy New Year! Here's to another year of fun, creativity and stamping with Chocolate Baroque. It's  Claire here with a card made using one of this month's beautiful new garden stamps, this one is called Brick Wall and features a lovely shuttered window and a pretty tree too. You may have seen this stamp before as it was featured on The Craft Channel recently. 


I made my background using distress inks in shadeds of green and brown and then used a brick stencil and texure paste over the top. I stamped the image and coloured it with pencils, adding some flowers using a little silhouette flower stamp. I tore the coloured image out and distressed the edges with a little Gathered Twigs distress ink before layering it up over some kraft card. 

I've popped a scrap of hessian under the image and added a button topped with an old brass button to finish off. 
I'm sure my teamies beautiful projects are going to inspire you again this month so don't forget to pop back as there is lots of inspiration on its way!

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Clare. Love your background as the perfect complimentary setting for the pretty stamp!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Clair, the textures are fabulous and such pretty colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo beautiful, I love the rustic feel to this card, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty make Claire and great texture! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab - I love the choice of colours you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty Claire and I love the shutters with the pretty flowers and shutters with the bricks and in such beautiful colours. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!