Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 27 August 2017

A Mixed Bunch (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have more projects to share with you using the fabulous new stamps featured on last month's shows on Hochanda.

I was very taken with the Floral Harmony stamp, and love the flower head image part of the design in particular. I decided to use this as the focal point for a couple of my projects.

I applied texture paste through the Useful Leaves Stencil onto a large Tando Tag, and allowed this to dry completely. I covered the tag with gesso, and once this was dry, applied a combination of pale pink and turquoise paint to the background.

I stamped the leafy spray stamps from the Take It or Leaf It stamp set, using teal coloured ink onto the background. I stamped several of the floral images onto to some spare white card, and coloured them using water based markers. I added a bit of Stickles to the centres for added bling. I coloured a piece of white card with water based marker that I had scribbled onto an acrylic block and spritzed with water. I then die cut a small rectangle and stamped a sentiment from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set. I edged the rectangle using Distress Ink.

I added the flowers and sentiment to the tag, and finally coloured some ribbon using the same paints as I had used for the background, to give a coordinated feel to the project.



For my next project, I rummaged through my stash, and found some brightly coloured backgrounds, and cut out some squares of orange card, I then inked up the flower head part of the stamp, and pressed the squares of card onto the stamp to obtain the image. I also stampd several of the large leaves from the Take it or Leaf It stamp set, and then cut all of the images out. I arranged them onto a large black card blank, to create a wreath shape. I added some Stickles to the centre of the flowers once again, for a bit of sparkle.

I die cut a circle from another piece of the orange card, and stamped a sentiment from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set.


For my final project, I decided to work within my favourite colour palette, and created a soft background of turquoise and purple, using Distress Ink. I stamped the Baroque Corners using Archival Ink, and added a sentiment from the Amazing Words stamp set. I edged the background with a toning Distress Ink.


I have thoroughly enjoyed working with these lovely stamps, and hope that you have been inspired to try out some of the ideas that you have seen shared by myself and the rest of the Design Team. Thanks for stopping by, xx

7 comments:

  1. Amazing tag, love it! And fabulous cards! The wreath of leaf and flowers looks so bright and impressive on the black layer and the purple and turquoise card is just delightful, I love this colors combo, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that tag too. Great job on the next two projects, purple and turquoise are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the projects today especially the colours of the last card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three very beautiful creations Judith and I adore the way you have used the flowers on the tag and the pretty wreath with the large leaves too, then the Baroque Corners over the wonderfully coloured background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three so different cards! Like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three very beautiful creations Judith, all so beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE these Judith with the beautiful designs and colours! They are all great but I think the tag is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!