Pin It button on image hover

Friday 25 August 2017

Make a Wish (by Brenda)



Morning Peeps, I am back again with a few more shares using the lovely new stamps Lesley launched on Hochanda a few weeks ago.

The background of the above card is actually the leftover from another one which I mopped up from my craft mat and rather likes the the muted colours. Using the small leaf from the Take It Or Leaf It set I randomly stamped the background with second generation stamping and a red Distress Ink, I then used the first generation ink to stamp the Chequered Flowers which I have to say I just love, they remind me of Thistles but with so much more interest going on. Finally I added a sentiment from Words to Dazzle and Sparkle.


A canvas now which I primed with Gesso, then acrylic paint and crackle glaze before adding leaves and 'spots' using Useful Leaves and Seasonal Elements stencils and texture paste. When dry I placed the stencils back in place and coloured with acrylic pain, then using the same paint coloured some elements from one of the colouring pages from the Colouring Collection which I then cut out and added to the canvas. I added three chipboard Butterflies painted with the same colour and stenciled some leaves onto the largest. Finally some gold Gilding Wax here are there and a sentiment from Amazing Mackintosh Words.

My thanks for popping in today and I hope you have a lovely weekend.


6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love both these cards!! Such wonderful use of the stamps and the backgrounds are just amazing!!!Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous cards Brenda, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Brenda and I love the dusky pink colour on the second one. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the colours of the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful creations Brenda. I love the bright yellow and reds, and then the pretty pink and the interesting stencilled background with some texture paste too and then added elements from one of the colouring pages which look so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!