Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 January 2018

Sea Horse (by Julie)

Hello, today I have two cards using similar stamps but looking completely different.


For my first card I stamped and embossed the large sea horse from Underwater onto some water-colour card. I then went over the background with a light blue wash of water-colour before stamping the smaller seahorses using a dye based ink and stamping the images on the seabed. The little sea weed stamp to the left is from Mermaid Queen and I coloured the seabed images with water-colours.


For my second card I stamped and embossed the large seahorse onto water-colour card and then went over the entire card with a water-colour wash of blues and greens. Once dry I sponged blue and silver acrylic paint through a stencil and finished off with a sentiment from Birthday Words

Thank you for stopping by. Please call back for daily Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. They are both cute - I like the deeper colours on the second one, somehow it makes me feel that the water is warmer! Does that make any sense I wonder? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Julie.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Julie, two beautifully desined and coloured cards, stamps from one of my favourite stamp sets, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore seahorses and both of these cards using them are really pretty and the first background is quite minimal and just allows the soft blue seahorses to take central stage, and then the second with the colourful stencilling has the large seahorse stamped in a stronger colour so that it doesn't get lost amongst the busier background, and it has worked beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!