Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 8 February 2018

Friendship by Brenda


Good morning, today I would like to share a few of my samples from Lesley's Hochanda shows which celebrated Chocolate Baroque's first Birthday with the channel when viewers were treated to some wonderful new floral stamps and colouring pages.

This release was right up my street and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed making these samples and it was only time that prevented me making more.

So to my first card at the top uses the beautiful Medici Flower. On this occasion I only wanted to use the focal flower so I used sticky notes to cover the areas around the flower, inked it with Versafine Black, removed the masks and followed the same process three times. I then masked the  individual stamped flowers and stamped the Poppy heads from Poppy Meadow along with a inspirational quote from Pretty Poppies. Next I flicked some watery distress ink onto the white space and finally coloured the blooms with sparkle pens.


I really love this image, it's called Mosaic Flower but to me it yells out Chinese Lanterns. I stamped the image with Versamark and heat embossed with detail gold powder, coloured the flower hears with pencils and rubbed some gilding wax around the edges. Some twine and a button tied around before matting onto a pieced of corrugated and then the base card.


I painted this little box with acrylic and shimmer paints, then used a stencil and texture paste to add some flourishes. When dry I used a slightly darker pain to highlight the stenciled patterns and added gilding flakes here are there and along the opening edges. The flowers on the top were cut from one of the colouring pages, coloured in with pencils and fixed to the top along with some die cut leaves.


My final share today used the new Floral Delight stamp which I stamped once, masked and then stamped part of the stamp a second time and coloured in with pencils.  Using a mask I added some sun rays and stamped three of the words from Wish Flower, cut out and added individually to the finished piece.  

Thank you so much for popping in today.


7 comments:

  1. Amazing projects Brenda, your makes are always stunning! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Brenda.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous samples, think the top card is my favourite - just love those flowers. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Brenda, I love the colours and designs,especially the first two creations, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four fabulous creations Brenda, and I love the masking and stamping on the first using these gorgeous flowers, and the distressed look of the second with the pretty gold gilding wax, and what a wonderful idea to use a flower and leaves from the colouring book on top of the beautifully painted box, and lastly the stencilled sun rays with the purple flowers on the last which is so fresh and pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy! They are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful samples, very hard to pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!